As a Peer Support / Trainer, you will be responsible for providing supportive services for clients that need wrap-around services to keep them living their lives in the community and out of the hospitals, jails, crisis systems, or emergency rooms.
As a Peer Support / Trainer you will provide direct care peer support, life skills and pre-employment training, and supportive services virtually using Zoom, in the office, and in the community. You will work as part of a clinical team to assess clients’ needs, participate in the development of individual service plans, and train, encourage, support, and advocate for clients.
You will be responsible for coaching and consulting with clients to promote recovery and self-direction and facilitate wellness management and recovery strategies. In addition, you will assist clients in accessing additional services as needed.
Skills / Requirements
- Genuine desire to help people REQUIRED
- Basic Computer and Mobile Device Operational Skills
- Effective Digital and Verbal Communication Skills
- Lived experience of recovery from mental health, substance use, or major life change
- Completion of PRSS – Peer Recovery Support Specialist Training and Certification
- CPR / First Aid
- Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance (*Or at least have applied and be able to get clearance.)
Job Duties, but not limited to:
- Provide Individual Peer Support and Pre-Employment Training Services
- Assist individuals with locating and obtaining community resources
- Cultivate a member’s ability to make informed, independent choices.
- Encourage individuals to strive towards reaching goals and engage in treatment
- Advocate on behalf of individuals with people, agencies, or organizations to help
- Provide employment and housing assistance services
- Complete documentation using an electronic health record system (EHR)
- Provide operational support as needed for facilities and events
- Any and all duties assigned.
Job Type: Contract, Full-time or Part-time Pay: $18.00 – $35.00 per hour
Schedule: PRN, 4 or 8-hour day, evening and weekend shifts available.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW